Aug 18, 2010

[Stephen's Blog] Friends or Contacts

I'm a member of MyYearbook, and I receive friendship requests on a daily basis. At first, I thought that these people actually wanted to have an actual friendship with me. Now I realize how foolish it was for me to think that. The majority just want a high number of contacts, for the look and feel of a false sense of popularity. They have no intentions of talking to me, interacting with me, or anything of the sort. The only thing I can expect is these people asking me to vote for them, give them this and that, and basically cater to their MyYearbook needs.



I guess the friendship part is optional. So, let's be like programs and just take what is thrown at us, and do it with a smile! Because that's all that is expected of most people on that site. And that's not the only site where this unthoughtfulness takes place. There are actually many sites out there where people just use each other to benefit for themselves. If they have nothing to gain by it, then they problably won't do it. Only if they feel that it will give them more votes, gifts, popularity, comments, and anything else that they can get from people, then they will send you a request. With (appearently) no intention of having an actual friendship with you.



Correct me if I am wrong??

Stephen

--
Posted By Stephen Robinson to Stephen's Blog at 1/05/2009 03:01:00 AM

No comments: